Monday, July 13, 2015

My home country

I'm supposed to be watching the China drama, Empress of China right now instead of hitting furiously on my keyboard on my computer right now. Just came home and had my super early dinner. Back from fetching bro to his orthodontic treatment. I was waiting for him in the car doing nothing, scrolling through my Facebook feeds.

And suddenly I came across this article that was shared by 4 of my friends with captions.


So obviously I clicked on it and read the article. I didn't finish it. I was halfway through when I started fuming. =_= I glanced through till the end and read the comments that people left.


At least the comments made me happy. There are still people who are willing to defend our country.
(Note: not the system.)

So while fuming I also shared the article with captions.


Because no matter how much I'm always feeling pissed at how our country's system works, I'll always be a Malaysian. I grew up here, I finished my education here, I start my career here. Of course I'm not turning into an expert all of a sudden. I have never taken any like or interest in politics and neither will I now.

But there is one thing that I do not like about this writer/author. What rights does he have to criticize on Malaysians like that? I do not deny that our country's system doesn't work well. I do not deny he did make some good points in his article. But he has no rights to criticize us that badly and also making sweeping statements on all Malaysians.

Points:
"I am a British national and have been based in Malaysia for the last two years with an internationally acclaimed biotechnology company."
Wow so you've been living in Malaysia for the last two years. From these two years' experience you definitely has a lot to say about us. Wow.

British national? British expat? You're just writing from behind a computer on a keyboard, sir. What's the proof? Where's the proof?

"I am boldly saying that throughout all the countries I have visited so far, Malaysia is the worst because it is inhabited by bad politicians and even worse people."
Yes, there are bad politicians in our country. But every fucking country has bad politicians. Bribery happens all around the world, dear Mr. Experienced-from-travelling-across-the-globe.

And saying us, citizens of Malaysia 'even worse people'? Do you even fucking know EVERY citizen in Malaysia? Just because people that you come to know or socialize with are noobs doesn't mean everyone else that you DON'T know are noobs.

"World champion keyboard warriors"
Now you're saying Malaysians are keyboard warriors. Aren't you now by criticising on us through this article behind the computer?

"My contract in this country is at its tail-end. I had the option of extending my stay that I have gladly declined. Malaysians are too shallow-minded to fix anything. Instead of speaking on ways to solve the current crisis, Malaysians are only interested in clicking the delete button and hope a reboot will bring improvement. Keep on hoping, Malaysia."

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

"Malaysians have been awarded as the worst drivers in the world."

I went to Google 'the worst drivers in the world' and the results gave me this. No Malaysia. 'nuff said.

What I have to say:
Of course I'm no expert. I'm just a student who just finished my final year exam. I'm just a student who's waiting for my results to come out and give me heart attack.

But I will always have a bit of faith and hope in my home country.

Because when the people themselves hold no faith and hope in their country, that's when the country itself will fail.

And to friends that agree(d) 100% with this article, I have nothing to say. Everyone has their freedom to believe in whatever they want to believe in. But bear in mind, we all finished our education in this country, at least up to high school.

For you all whose parents could afford to send you out of Malaysia to overseas to continue your studies, to complete your degree or even masters studies, good for you.

For you all whose parents could not afford to send you out to the overseas, fret not, we still managed to complete our degree studies in our home country, didn't we?

For you all whose parents COULD afford to send you out to the overseas and YOU yourself CHOSE NOT to leave Malaysia to overseas to study due to some personal reasons (homesick/boyfriend etc), shut the fuck up and swallow up all your complaints. You had a choice and you chose to forgo it. Suck it up. Stop complaining. You chose to finish your degree studies in Malaysia. No one forced you, there's no undue influence or duress. Had you jumped on the chance to go overseas to study, you probably wouldn't have to stay in Malaysia, complaining about your country everyday. You probably could just stay overseas and start working there after finishing your education, getting your visas etc.

Yah. Actually what I have to say are mostly for people that keep complaining (non stop) about our country when they had the chance to just leave and they chose not to.

Okay finally I feel better. Off to watch my Chinese drama now.

Bye.

No comments: