Sunday, June 28, 2015

Making non-bake Oreo cheesecake!

Recipe I found from this website.

Some little changes I made:

  • Used Oreos for crust instead of Graham crackers (ie digestive biscuits).
  • Omitted sugar for the crust.
  • Reduced a bit the amount of sugar required for cake content.
  • Omitted vanilla powder as well.

Things you're going to need:

  • Mixer
  • Crusher (no idea what it's called lol)
  • Spatula (you can use a spoon too actually)
  • Measurement cup
  • Frying pan
  • Paper cups/cupcake cups (if you're planning to make them like that)
  • All the ingredients listed in the recipe!


Got my rubber spatula, measurement cup and paper cups (1 pack 12 cups, I got 2 packets cos I wanted 2 colours lol) from Mr. DIY for RM2.90, RM1.80, and RM1.80 each respectively!

It's so simple that a first-timer like me could get it right hahahahahaha.

Actually you just have to follow the instructions in the recipe and you'll be fine. But I panicked a bit when I was beating the whipped cream cos it didn't form any peak. =_____= But all was well in the end.


Step 1: prepare your crushed biscuits of your choice for the crust & content (must be Oreo for content duh).


for the crust!

just 7 pieces of Oreos for the content. (according to my measurement cup, it's 1/2 a cup already lol.)

tear them into smaller pieces first to make your life crushing them easier.


obviously i didn't crush them to tiny bits like what i did to them for the crust cos i wanted their presence felt in the content of cheesecake hahaha.

Step 2: get started! Melt butter with small fire. (mum did this obviously am not touching any oil-related work hahahaha.)


i think mum wanted to faint at this stage cos the butter all melted and was smelling so good. (she hates butter and cheese.)

Step 3: pour melted butter into crushed biscuits for crust!

made mum pour the butter and i took this photo hahahahaha.

mix them well. (at this point i kept telling mum they look like lao sai/mud sigh.)

Actually I was debating hard with myself whether to make a whole cake or split them into cups. In the end I decided on cups because it'd be easier and Fei (I know he's super lazy he doesn't even wanna cook noodles cos he doesn't wanna wash the pots and bowls after cooking what logic is that???) being the usual lazy him would probably be too lazy to cut the cake. =_____= Mum agreed and said Fei could just throw away the cups after eating up the contents so okay cups were it!

so i split the crust into cups! so kiut right all my cups! pretty colours right hahahaha.

But I did one step wrong, I refrigerated them. :(

they ended up like this. sigh next time cannot make this mistake anymore. BUT it's still edible la!!! T________T

Step 4: start beating whipped cream!


sorry ah camera was fucking around with me and didn't wanna let me get this photo.

so i used my phone to take the photo. HAHA.

Set aside first after beating it into medium peak form.

Step 5: start with your content: mix cream cheese, salt, sugar and lemon juice.


mix till smooth!

Step 6: now add the whipped cream into it and mix together!


this is actually your cheese cake already. if you don't want Oreo cheesecake that is.

By the time I finished this step I was on cloud nine cos it tasted exactly like cheese cake hahahaha just in the soft form and not the hard form. And it tasted good! Hahahaha mum was yiak-ing me the whole time. So nais okay!

Step 7: add in your crushed Oreos!! :D


fold them in!

Step 8: put either into baking pan/cups! Refrigerate for 6 hours/overnight! :D :D



ANDDD CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE DONE!! :DDDD

No comments: