Friday, May 29, 2015

Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action Aqua Droplet Sleeping Beauty Mask Review!

Back for another review before I suddenly disappear again (hopefully not).

Earlier I tried the moisturizer under the same range and found it to be quite nice, and also through that product did I come to realise there's something else known as 'droplet sleeping mask'. Also tried the sample product in Watsons together with my moisturizer hahaha. Actually every time I visit Watsons if I remember I'd go to the Bio Essence aisle and play with this droplet mask HAHAHA. Oops.

So my face condition has been deteriorating seriously like nobody's business (it's actually my damn business but my skin probably just won't and don't give a damn about how I feel every time it does that) during the month of March this year. T________T I was in total depression over the condition of my face, affecting and pulling down my self-esteem AGAIN like what happened before. SIGH.

And so I decided I must research thoroughly on this product and if I feel like it'd do me good I must get it before April 1st (GST implementation lol yes I'm stingy like that). The research began every night on my revision days (fml) and I finally decided I should get it.

How it looks like:

So I began using it.

Inside?
This is how it looks like when you unbox it. Sealed for our protection ie hygienic issues.

Contents/texture
This is the texture of the sleeping mask. Not watery but quite firm one lol.

And actually there's a lot of the content stuck to the bottom of the sealer so me being the usual stingy me scraped all off the sealer and dabbed them on my face before started digging off the actual tub of contents.

Any problems with it being in a tub?
Like what I mentioned previously, I have no problems with all skin cares contained in a tub because I always wash my hands clean before handling facial products on my face. I don't use spatulas or any other scooping assistant. Lol. But if you feel uncomfortable scooping them with your fingers, I think you should be able to get spatulas for facial product in any drug stores? Or any stores that sell facial stuffs.

To prevent nightmares for you all, I did not and will not show my face so I showed you guys the sample of how it looks like and works on my hand. Good right? Lolol.

Texture.

After massaging on it in circular motions.

After a few seconds it transformed into water droplets!!!

So now you know why I ALWAYS play with the sample found in Watsons if I remember HAHAHA. It's so interesting to see a some sort of a gel-like texture transforming into water droplets! What's the magic behind this?! :O

What to do with the droplets
Anyway you are supposed to dab on the water droplets until they're fully absorbed into your face and skin. I usually slap myself on the droplets on my face LOL because I'm too lazy to pat and dab on my face lightly. =_____= So I just slap myself until I feel the droplets have disappeared lolol please don't follow my method. But I believe slapping myself more will result in FIRMER facial skin HAHAHA. (This is just to convince myself of my method please don't take it seriously lol.)

Bio-Essence's claims?
As seen on the box of the product: Hydrates, protects, nourishes. Wake up to supple and firm skin.



There you go. You may click on the picture to enlarge it if the picture's not clear enough for you hahaha. The method you should adopt to apply the product is also in the 2nd picture above. Please follow that instruction instead of my slapping method okay.

And according to Cult Beauty UK:
Simultaneously brightens, rebalances, hydrates and refines; diminishing signs of dullness, regulating oil production, counteracting dryness and reducing visibility of pores in one fell swoop. An innovative emollient membrane encapsulates a large volume of the ultra-fine actives (‘Power Nano’ hyaluronic acid, hyaluronic acid and cranberry extract) to form ‘Bio Active Crystals’ on skin’s surface, which in turn, maintain the integrity and potency of the ingredients and create a weightless, protective ‘film’ to lock in moisture. Cranberry extract further optimises hydration, whilst bolstering antioxidant defences and restoring radiance to reveal revitalised, supple and luminous skin upon waking. This also doubles as a daily hydrator – ideal for those with oily/combination skin types, or anyone susceptible to blemishes, breakouts or skin dehydration. Just apply a very fine layer in the morning after toning, to maximise moisture retention without suffocating or exacerbating congestion.
A firm favourite amongst discerning Asian women (who are light years ahead when it comes to the best things in beauty) sleeping masks are very definitely ‘a thing’. Developed to deliver souped-up levels of moisture while your cells are at their most receptive, Bio-Essence’s Hydra Tri-Action Aqua Droplet Sleeping Beauty Mask conditions and repairs skin while you slumber. Enriched with two types of hyaluronic acid; ‘Power Nano’ hyaluronic acid – which has a small molecular size (15-25nm), for instant absorption and immediate skin plumping benefit, and hyaluronic acid – which creates a large, subcutaneous water ‘reservoir’, retaining up to 1000 times its molecular weight, for prolonged skin dewiness and softness, this overnight treatment repairs and replenishes, so you wake up looking well-rested (even if you’re not). Upon application, water droplets will form on skin’s surface – just pat these in and prepare to kiss goodbye to dullness, dryness and signs of fatigue.

Any other application?
Yes, you may apply it as a moisturizer during the day. Just apply a thin layer as opposed to night time's thick layer for its function as sleeping mask.

Verdict
Yes, I do feel my skin is more supple and firmer the next day I wake up. But brightening and diminishing signs of dullness not so much I think. But it does hydrate.

And it's not oily! Oil-free sleeping mask I likey cos I NEED oil-free facial skin care. =____= Also it's NOT sticky. I HATE STICKY FACIAL PRODUCTS. I don't really like Laneige's Sleeping Pack EX cos it's actually a little sticky even after I stood in front of the air cond to let it dry down for a few minutes. =____________________= So I actually prefer this more than Laneige's.

Price
I bought it at RM55.90 (price after 20% discount from the older retail price - RM69.90) in Watsons. The retail price is now increased to RM73.90 in Watsons, but you can always get it at a lower price when Watsons is having sale, and their sale often involves at least a 10% discount, at times even 25%. So be sure to pick the right timing to get it lol.

Till then. Bye bye. :)

No comments: