Saturday, March 4, 2017

Thankful



On the 3rd day of CNY in January I went up to Kek Lok Si with Fei. When we were at the foot of the Pagoda I went to take a knock at the ginormous wishing bell. I prayed hard and wished that I would hear from the firm that I asked for a chambering position since early January and get it.

I was rejected on the 5th day of CNY. I was down and I was sad.

On the 10th day of CNY in February I brought mummy and bro up to Kek Lok Si. Mummy asked both of us to knock the bell and I said I've already knocked it on the 3rd day and it didn't help me to get what I wished for. :( Bro went to knock and told me to be patient cos "things like that take time, good things don't come quick". =_=

For the rest of the days I kept sending resumes to different firms and went on Jobstreet to see if there are any firms at all which posted a job posting for chambies. I initially didn't want to just simply send my resumes to all the firms cos I didn't want to land myself in somewhere I might not like and get stuck for 9 months. Yes, sure, you can apply for a change of master, but what if your master isn't happy about it and starts being an ass? But desperate times call for desperate measures lol so I just sent to every firms that I came across.

None of the firms that I sent my resume to replied. A few replied but the replies were to inform me that they're not hiring. Yes, thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it. Those that don't even bother to reply - where's your basic manners?

Finally I got a call. And another interview invitation. Beyond happy.

To cut long story short, I'm now no longer jobless! I started work on the first of March and so far I'm quite happy! I guess good things really don't come quick.

Thank you wishing bell for making my wish of getting a position in a good place come true.

My boss brought me to Penang Club for lunch yesterday and I was really happy! Not cos she brought me to Penang Club la lol but because she brought me out for lunch and talked to me. Tho it's for work. :D I think it's a good start? Hehe. The photo above was taken when we were there. She was on the phone and I took this photo. :D

And Fei waited for me to finish my work for 1.5 hours+ before he brought me to Constant Gardener to chill. :D Thank you my fat man for always being so patient with me. I don't know how he does it. Hahaha.




Good things don't come quick and patience is always a virtue.

Thankful that I'm so blessed, thankful that people around me can stand my very crazy temperament, thankful that mummy and Fei are always supporting me in whatever I wanna do.

Thank you Buddha, thank you Kuan Yin, thank you mummy, thank you Fei, thank you you all.

No comments: