Saturday, June 20, 2015

Being thankful post-resignation



2 years ago today was the first day I stepped into Dorothy Perkins (not as a customer lol) as a newly recruited staff.

Time flies it's already been 2 years since that day haha and I'm obviously no longer working there.

Well thank you for hiring me, for giving me a chance to experience real experience (DP being one of the high street brands of UK) of being a part time coordinator. I had seen different types of customers/people while working there, handling them and socializing with them. There were the good ones and the bad ones. Trained my patience while dealing with them too lol.

Actually I think I learned quite many things while working there. Among all:

  • increased socializing skills (though I'll only use it when necessary me being the anti-social me);
  • able to recognise clothing materials better than any person now working there (except for the supervisor/manager of course);
  • UK companies' marketing/products allocation methods;
  • what do the people in the higher level do most of the time (note to self: MUSN'T be like that myself if I ever get into the higher level of offices);
  • how to come out with points for reports (weekly and monthly lol)

So far, I can only think of these cos they're the more important ones I think, those that I could relate to while working. So yeah.

Visiting the shops nowadays as a customer/ex-staff is quite fun. Cos I now know the people working there and I'm able to ask for things easier without them giving me the weird face hahaha. And also because I understand well how they work too. :D

Yup, definitely a good thing that I brought up all my courage to ask for a job 2 years ago. Hahahaha.

Toodles!

No comments: