Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars



"I can't talk about our love story, so I will talk about math. I am not a mathematician, but I know this: there are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinites are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful."

This book by John Green, I finished it in 5 hours on my phone. T_T

I was actually merely curious what the book's about, so I downloaded the book and started reading. Turned out interesting, so I didn't stop reading. It's about the love story between these 2 teens, Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters who're diagnosed with cancer.

Eyes got all watery with that pre-crying sensation in the nose (lol) while reading a few parts. It's so sad. T_T I wouldn't expect Fei to understand, guys seldom do. =_=

So I was thinking, if people diagnosed with cancer can live with it strongly, why can't we healthy people live strongly like them but keep on complaining about the littlest things?

Because we humans are never happy and content with what we've got, that's why.


***


Anyway, I was walking back home from work just now and when I reached the guardhouse outside our home's compound, there was this rubbish truck so I immediately held my breath even though I was slightly panting. But I couldn't hold my breath long cos I was panting. T_T So I had to breathe a little after I went inside the compound, and guess what, I could still smell the foul smell fml.

So that got me thinking, how do those workers do their job? I was already so far away and I could still smell it and I couldn't even bear the smell for a fucking second. How do they do it? Holding on to the truck while it moves on the road, holding garbage with their bare hands. Haiz. That's life, they need to work to earn a living for their family(ies), or themselves. That's why no matter how bad the situation is they will still hold on to it.

Because it's an honest living. They didn't commit any crime to earn a living, but they earn their livings honestly by working hard. So let's salute them. *salute*


***


And when I reached the lobby, I was about to scanned my card key when these 2 little kids that barely reach the height of my hips unlocked the heavy glass door from inside and then the elder brother (which is really still so small that he doesn't even reach my hips really) opened the door and held the door open for his younger brother and me when I wanted to hold it open for them lolol. Such young gentlemen, they must have good parents I guess. Then when I hold the door open for them, the elder brother looked at me and then ran after his younger brother. Wtf they were so super mini so super cute.


***


Anyway, I was looking through ALL my music through my pendrive because I wanted to bring 4gb of them to work with me.

And I realized I'm old. Like, really old. Not the 70-years-old old, but, you know, old. Because all my songs in the pendrive were released mostly in 2004-2011. So that makes the oldest song I have... 10 years old. Fuck that, I even have oldies in my pendrive so the oldest is probably like maybe 40 or 50 years old? T_T FML.

But going through all these song titles and occasionally pick a few to listen to is good, that kinda brought up old memories. And no matter the memories are good or bad, I'm still quite happy to relive them for a few minutes. :)


***


By the way, I've always heard this song on Lite FM (mum's favourite channel lol) and feel that it sounds familiar, but never bother to check it out. Last week, I heard this song again on the same channel and while driving (fetching mum and bro =,=) my brain actually spun and I finally found out why it's so familiar!!

I've shamelessly watched Audrey and Timothy Tiah's proposal and wedding videos for like at least 5 times, that's why the song sounds so familiar. They used the song in their wedding video!! Fml I don't want them to misunderstood I'm such a stalker I don't wanna scare them I just love their love story okay? I'm not a crazy-ass psycho hardcore stalker!

Fell in love with the song, it's so nais and touching. T_T


Do enjoy the song. :)


Goodbye! Zzz

No comments: